#1 - What is this blog going to be about?

I plan to make this blog an intriguing insight as to what I am currently thinking about football and perhaps even some different sporting events. I wanted to do this blog as it's an interesting way to see how football and myself will develop over the coming years and if I'm lucky, will hopefully lead me into the Sports Journalism industry. I thought now would be a good time to begin this blog as the 2018 World Cup in Russia has just ended and the new 18/19 season starts in just under a month, giving me plenty to write about.

The past few weeks have been interesting. The World Cup has produced many talking points: Germany's shock group stage exit, France's second World Cup trophy, and of course, English euphoria and heartbreak. On top of this, Cristiano Ronaldo completed a shock transfer to Juventus, leaving the Champions League for the upcoming season the most difficult to predict in years. Shockwaves weren't sent through the world in just football though, tennis proved to be thoroughly entertaining as well. Novak Djokovic won his fourth Wimbledon title after defeating Spaniard Rafael Nadal in the semi-final, going down as one of the greatest games the tournament has ever seen. Not a bad period for sport.

Throughout the coming weeks leading up to the new season, there will be many things to discuss and predictions to be made, keep a look out for mine. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#18 - My Thoughts on England's World Cup Exit

#16 - Aston Villa interested in Yves Bissouma

#17 - Abuse in this country is immersed in our society. Can football contribute to ousting hatred and discrimination once and for all?